Indigenous Collegiate Scholarship Guidelines
Application Deadline May 31, 2019
The American Indian Chamber of Commerce of Oklahoma (AICCO) Oklahoma City Chapter is a professional organization for Native Americans business development. Through its Scholarship Program, AICCO OKC Chapter seeks to help increase the number of Native Americans achieve a higher education.
Candidates for the Indigenous Collegiate Scholarship must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must possess a Certified Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) card.
- Applicant must be planning to attend an accredited college or university; career-tech schools are not supported by the higher education funds.
- Applicant must provide college or university acceptance letter to receive direct scholarship funds. Funds will be distributed to scholarship recipients on or after August 1, 2019.
- Applicant must provide a copy of their most recent transcript.
- Applicant must reside in the state of Oklahoma in one of the following counties: Canadian, Cleveland, Kingfisher, Lincoln, Logan, McClain, Oklahoma, Potawatomie, or Seminole.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Have, minimally, an overall 2.5 academic average.
Scholarship recipients will be determined by the organization’s committee. Recipients will receive notification of their selection.
The AICCOOKC Chapter will award:
1 – $500.00 scholarship based on academic achievement and
1 – $500.00 Shirley Wapskineh Scholarship based on tribal community involvement and
1 – $500.00 scholarship given by the Chahta Foundation, for enrolled Choctaw tribal citizens
Consideration will be given only to candidates submitting complete applications that include:
(1) copy of their Certified Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB);
(2) an official school transcript;
(3) acceptance letter from accredited college or university;
Complete application packages MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN May 31, 2019 and submitted to the AICCO OKC Chapter listed below.
Mail Application to:
American Indian Chamber of Commerce OKC Chapter
Attn: AICCOOKC Scholarship Committee
4111 N. Lincoln Blvd
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
In lieu of mailing, complete application packages may also be scanned and emailed (by the due date) to the following email address: AICCOOKCScholar@gmail.com.
Printable Guidelines/Application–>> http://bit.ly/AICCOk-OKC-Scholarship2019